Thursday, August 12, 2010

Ringside Reviews: The Undertaker's Deadliest Matches Disc 3

Finally, the third and final disc of this set. Man I've gone through hell and now I am back for more. Bring it!

First Blood Match (Survivor Series 11/26/06)
Undertaker vs Mr. Kennedy
Time: 9:20
Ah damn it I was looking forward to this and it fell flat. All we see is Taker beat up Kennedy through the match and MVP comes out and hits Taker with a chair and Taker bleeds all over the place. The post match beat downs where great and should of been in the match. Taker hits Kennedy with a sweet chair shot to.
**3/4

Last Ride Match (Armageddon 12/17/06)
Undertaker vs Mr. Kennedy
Time: 15:55
This was another match that I heard was pretty solid. Well I'm sorry, but this match sucks. It's dull and to repeat myself, it's downright boring. Other then Taker getting thrown off the castle structure nothing really cool happens.
**

Last Man Standing Match for the World Heavyweight Championship (Backlash 4/29/07)
Undertaker (C) vs Batista
Time: 20:26
Man do I love last man standing matches. Other then the Khali vs Taker one there really isn't a bad one. The brawling is awesome and they hit big move after big move. I was actually on the edge of my seat and yelled out "This match is incredible!"
*****

Smackdown 1/25/08
Undertaker vs Big Daddy V
Time: 6:11
Oh my god. Do I really need to review this? This was bad as you would think.
BOMB


Hell In A Cell (Summerslam 8/17/08)
Undertaker vs Edge
Time: 26:41
I already reviewed this one in my Summerslam 2008 post. Anyways awesome match.
*****

Steel Cage (Smackdown 12/5/08)
Undertaker vs Big Show
Time: 12:40
Here it is, the best Big Show and Undertaker match. This was their best match out of a crappy feud from 2008. There is some decent spots and was a decent match. Not as bad as I thought it was going to be.
***

Overall 6/10
Just get this set for nostalgic reasons. That's what I did. Many have said this should of been called Undertaker's Crappiest Matches. They do have a point but, there are some decent matches on here. My advice is just get the show dvd's from where the good ppv matches were on.

No comments:

Post a Comment