Monday, August 16, 2010

Ringside Reviews: Summerslam 2010

Here we are, another Summerslam come and gone. My third for this site. So since I ordered it here is my two cents.

Intercontinental Championship
Kofi Kingston vs Dolph Ziggler (C)
Time: 7:05
This was getting somewhere but, Nexus cam in and beat the crap out of them. Before that they had a nice base and should of had a clean finish.
**1/2

Divas Championship
Melina vs Alicia Fox (C)
Time: 5:20
Bad match, really dead crowd. Didn't help that they had so many stalls in this one.
*

The Big Show vs CM Punk, Joey Mercury, Luke Gallows.
Time: 6:45
Ugh matches like this one piss me off. CM Punk deserves so much better then this. So does Big Show, both are over and needed something better.
*

WWE Championship
Randy Orton vs Sheamus (C)
Time: 18:55
This was almost there until the ending. Sheamus needed a clean win here. His feud with HHH brought the best in him and he needs it now. Other then that pretty exciting match.
***1/2

World Heavyweight Championship
Kane (C) vs Rey Mysterio
Time: 13:31
Meh this one was alright. The whole match seemed like it should of had more to it. It felt kind of empty. The casket part was predictable and Undertaker looked bad. Hey the storyline can progress now.
**3/4

7 on 7 Elimination Tag Team Match
The Nexus vs Team Raw
Time: 35: 18
Just a basic wrestling match that was pretty good for a big tag match. The return of Daniel Bryan was a nice surprise. Heck even Bret Hart tore it up (just look at what he was doing before). I thought Justin Gabriel looked great for the Nexus. The final part is why are people complaining about Cena when he got the crap kicked out of him and wasn't in the match until the end?
***

Overall: 4/10
This was such a let down. There was nothing to hit home about. Some of the match quality was pretty bad. Seen it once won't see it again. This is a ppv I won't fork over $20 for the dvd.

2 comments:

  1. I swear, man, you, myself, and Andrew, are the only sane people in the WORLD when it comes to this SummerSlam. A lot of people praise the hell out of it, and I wonder if they're watching SummerSlam 2002 instead.

    I like the name Ringside Reviews. I'm like, the King of coming up with clever names, and I for the life of me can never come up with a clever name for my wrestling shit. Except for the old stuff, which I call 88MPH Reviews, since they're back in time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I think everyone in my living room thought it was a bad show. It pisses me off when WWE can't deliver at one of their biggest shows of the year. By the way, don't you also have the People's Reviews on your site?

    ReplyDelete