Monday, September 20, 2010

Ringside Reviews: WWE Night Of Champions 2010

I ordered the show last night so here we go...

Intercontinental Championship
Dolph Ziggler (C) vs Kofi Kingston
Time: 12:34
The match that should of happened at Summerslam. Great action and well paced for a decent opener. It was nice to see Dolph gain a win here. Maybe he can have a nice run as champ.
***1/4

Big Show vs CM Punk
Time: 4:45
Other then Punk's promo before the match nothing special happened. It just felt like a throw away TV match then a PPV caliber one. Much better then the mess at Summerslam.
**

United States Championship
The Miz (C) vs Daniel Bryan
Time: 12:27
This one is hands down match of the night. Awesome bout. It was paces well and action packed. It was great with all the near falls, technical wrestling, and I've begin to like Daniel Bryan. I just wish they had a little more time.
****1/4

Divas and Women's Championship Unifcation Lumberjill Match
Melina (Diva's) vs Michelle McCool (Women's)
Time: 6:31
For a diva's match this wasn't horrible but, wasn't amazing. They had a nice base and didn't need the lumberjill stipulation. Don't get me wrong I liked seeing the diva's but, there were a few botches on their part.
**

World Heavyweight Championship No Holds Barred
Kane (C) vs Undertaker
Time: 18:24
Some say this went on way too long. I didn't really think so as I was interested the whole time. What we got was a nice brawl. This may not be like their earlier matches but, it's worth taking a look at. I was really glad that Kane got the win here. He needed it.
***1/2

WWE Tag Team Championship Tag Team Turmoil Gauntlet
Hart Dynasty (C) vs the Uso's vs Vladimir Kozlov/Santino Marella vs Mark Henry/Evan Bourne vs Cody Rhodes/Drew McIntyre
Time: 11:39
You could tell this was a throw away. No proper build and the WWE tag division is a joke. Anyways why put a tag title on Cody Rhodes when he is building himself up to be a singles star? I don't get it.
**

WWE Championship Six Pack Challenge
Sheamus (C) vs John Cena vs Randy Orton vs Edge vs Chris Jericho vs Wade Barrett
Time: 21:23
As for a six pack challenge this was great. I liked the fact it was elimination. I didn't really care for Randy Orton's win. I know he's the hottest thing in wrestling but, the constant belt switching needs to end. Then Sheamus looks bad, because he never gets a clean win as champion.
****

Overall: 7/10
This one had some minor problems with some match quality. Other then that there was some solid stuff. I would recommend checking out the US title bout.

No comments:

Post a Comment