Friday, September 3, 2010

Ringside Reviews: Triple H: The King Of Kings Disc 2

Here we are with the second and final disc of Triple H. I still don't understand why he just got two discs...

The Return of Shawn: Talks about stamp collecting, what else?

World Heavyweight Championship 2/3 Falls (Armageddon 12/15/02)
Triple H vs Shawn Michaels (C)
Time: 38:32
I've heard about this match but, never saw it until I got the set. Not many are big on it. To me I can't really get past the street fight. They go full tilt, the cage part is just ok, and the ladder part is nothing really special. By the time it was done I was kinda worn out.
***

The Rise of Batista: Evolution got over as a group but, Batista was starting to break out on his own. Of course Triple H credits himself for saying he put him over.

World Heavyweight Championship Hell In A Cell (Vengeance 6/26/05)
Triple H vs. Batista (C)
Time: 26:53
Whenever I watch this match I just keep thinking how awesome it is. Packed full of brutal action, it just owns. To see Batista take a barbed wire chair shot to the back and Triple H spit blood from the sledgehammer makes this worth the viewing. Great match is all that I can say.
*****

Wrestling My Idol: Talks about wrestling Ric Flair.

Last Man Standing (Survivor Series 11/27/05)
Triple H vs Ric Flair
Time: 27:00
After 96 is when I like Ric Flairs stuff. This match proves that he was having classics all over the place in the 2000's. To say it it short, this match is a war. Great spots and they hit big move after big move. I actually marked out when Triple H went through the table. Thankfully I was alone.
*****

The Next Generation: Cena came up to Triple H and asked him what he thought of their match. He told Cena he sucked and showed him all of his classic matches from 2003. Well he didn't do that, just another thing I wish that happened. Cena then promised he would improve and the rest is history.

WWE Championship (Backlash 4/30/06)
Triple H vs John Cena (C), vs Edge
Time: 17:33
I usually have a problem with triple threats becoming handicap matches. This one doesn't go that route which is great. This match was action packed and well paced. They went out there and tore the house down and didn't let up. It's one of the better triple threats I've seen in a long time.
****1/2

Extra's

Hog Pen Match (In Your House 12/17/95)
Triple H vs Henry O Godwinn
Time: 9:06
This one bad, but just good to view for nostalgic reasons.
*

Terra Ryzing vs Flying Tony Roy (11/1/92)
Time: 10:48
Triple H's first ever match. Nothing really exciting or memorable to talk about.
*1/2

Overall: 10/10
Man did this disc own. You get two five star, one over four stars, and just one mediocre match. Yeah Triple H may of sucked for awhile there but, matches like those on this DVD show the best of him. If only they had that third disc...

No comments:

Post a Comment